At Lula Mena, we generate hope and transform lives to join art, design, and culture to the reality of vulnerable women in high-risk areas of El Salvador, creating opportunities through the production of unique, eco-friendly, handmade, and innovative products, under norms of fair trade.
Our work has led us along the following path of challenges, opportunities, and dreams achieved:
- The Lula Mena brand is born.
- Lula participates in the Hollywood event Emmy Gifting Suites.
- Lula’s designs are exported to stores in the United States and start to GENERATE collaboration with international designers.
- Lula exhibits her designs in the Hollywood event Pre-Oscar Gifting Suites.
- Her designs are marketed in more than 25 stores in the United States, Canada, and Dubai.
- Lula receives the award “Woman Exporter of the Year 2014”, granted by COEXPORT of El Salvador.
- Lula’s designs are exhibited as part of the Hollywood event Grammy Gifting Suites.
- Her designs are exported to stores in the United States, Japan, and Switzerland.
- She participates as a speaker in the event Emerging Women Entrepreneurs Forum in Japan.
- Lula creates “Weaving Hopes”, a project of Corporate Social Responsibility for the Delsur Corporation by which their copper wire from no longer used electric power meters is repurposed to weave in lever looms.
- Lula participates in the Hollywood event Oscar Awards VIP Gifting Lounge.
- Her designs are exported to stores in the United States, Canada, Poland, Switzerland, and the Virgin Islands.
- Her collection “Sustainable Style”, made with repurposed copper wire, is a finalist at the Spanish-American Design Biennial.
- Lula receives the award “Enterprising Woman” from Vital Voices.
- Lula forms part of the book “Yes, it can be done – Successful Salvadorans”.
- She receives the award “Distinguished Professional 2016” granted by Dr. José Matías Delgado University.
- Lula is selected to participate in Fortune Magazine’s “Global Woman's Mentoring Partnership” program, in which she received training from women included in the Fortune 500.
- She starts creating personalized designs for hotels such as the Fairfield Marriott, the Crowne Plaza Hotel, and Puro Surf.
- Lula creates the project “Waves of Hope” in alliance with Delsur, USAID, and SolucionES in the Port of La Libertad to prevent violence.
- She receives recognition from Rotary Club for her contribution to preserving traditional techniques that promote culture in El Salvador.
- She receives the Civic Award granted by Banco Industrial, which recognizes her innovative work supporting women's empowerment in El Salvador.
- Sherwin Williams takes as reference the designs of Lula Mena’s Sustainable Style collection to create its tendency of global color for 2018.
- Lula Mena designs 3 bracelets inspired by the picture “Marvel Woman”, which are commissioned by Warner Brothers to display at their world premiere.
- Her business model is taken as a reference in the book “Committed to Sustainability” published by Banco Agrícola de El Salvador.
- Lula’s designs are worn by international actors on the red carpet of the Cannes Film Festival.
- Lula receives de Caoba Award in the category of Best Social Entrepreneurship.
- Her collection “Sea Breeze”, made with fish scales, is a finalist in the Spanish-American Design Biennial.
- Her designs are exhibited in Maison & Objet in France, and she begins to position herself in Europe.
- She receives the “Featured Woman 2018”, Hola Magazine's award.
- She participates in TEDTalk- Antiguo Cuscatlán with her conference “Women, Agents of Change”.
- She has her first art exhibition “Lula Mena’s Nests” at the Art Museum of El Salvador, which becomes the most visited exhibition in the history of the Museum.
- Lula receives the Dahrendorf Award 2019 in England for her contribution to Responsible Capitalism, presented by Princess Anne, daughter of Queen Elizabeth.
- Lula launches her first sustainable during the Kaleidoscope Fashion Show.
- She launches her first fashion collection for children, dyed with natural dyes.
- Her company is selected by Forbes Magazine as one of the “30 business promises for 2019”.
- Lula is selected as a member of the XV Class of CALI (Central America Leadership Initiative).
- Lula is invited to form part of the class of 2020 for the ARTISAN program of the NEST organization.
- Lula participates in the ISA World Surfing Games 2021.
- Participation in Expo Dubai 2021.
- Lula Mena becomes part of Voces Vitales board of directors.
- Lula Mena receives the NEST certification seal. This validates that all Lula Mena products meet the standards of the Nest Organization; an ethical certification program for Homes and Craft Workshops.
- Lula is selected to participate in the eighth edition of BID of Ibero-America Designs in Madrid, Spain.