At Lula Mena we generate hope and transform lives to join art, design and culture to the reality of vulnerable women in high risk areas of El Salvador, creating opportunities through the production of unique, eco-friendly, handmade and innovative products, under norms of fair trade.
Our work has led us along the following path of challenges, opportunities and dreams achieved:
- The Lula Mena brand is born,
- Lula participates in the Hollywood event Emmy Gifting Suites,
- Lula’s designs are exported to stores in the United States and start to GENERATE collaboration with international designers.
- Lula exhibits her designs in the Hollywood event Pre-Oscar Gifting Suites,
- Her designs are marketed in more than 25 stores in the United States, Canada and Dubai,
- Lula receives the award “Woman Exporter of the Year 2014”, granted by COEXPORT of El Salvador.
- Lula’s designs are exhibited as part of the Hollywood event Grammy Gifting Suites,
- Her designs are exported to stores in the United States, Japan and Switzerland,
- She participates as speaker in the event Emerging Women Entrepreneurs Forum in Japan,
- Lula creates “Weaving Hopes”, a project of Corporate Social Responsibility for the Delsur Corporation by which their copper wire from no longer used electric power meters are repurposed to weave in lever looms.
- Lula participates in the Hollywood event Oscar Awards VIP Gifting Lounge,
- Her designs are exported to stores in the United Stated, Canada, Poland, Switzerland and the Virgin Islands,
- Her collection “Sustainable Style”, made with repurposed copper wire, is a finalist at the Spanish-American Design Biennial,
- Lula receives the award “Enterprising Woman” from Vital Voices,
- Lula forms part of the book “Yes it can be done – Successful Salvadorans”,
- She receives the award “Distinguished Professional 2016” granted by the Dr. José Matías Delgado University.
- Lula is selected to participate in the program of Fortune Magazine’s “Global Woman´s Mentoring Partnership” in which she received training from women who are included in Fortune 500,
- She starts creating personalized designs for hotels such as the Fairfield Marriot, the Crowne Plaza and Puro Surf,
- Lula creates the project “Waves of Hope” in alliance with Delsur, USAID and SolucionES in the Port of La Libertad with the object of preventing violence,
- She receives recognition from Rotary Club for her contribution in preserving traditional techniques that promote culture in El Salvador,
- She receives the Civic Award granted by Banco Industrial, which recognizes her innovative work that supports empowerment of women in El Salvador,
- Sherwin Williams takes as reference the designs of Lula Mena’s Sustainable Style collection to create its tendency of global color for 2018,
- Lula Mena designs 3 bracelets inspired in the picture “Marvel Woman”, which are commissioned by Warner Brothers to display at their world premiere,
- Her business model is taken as reference in the book “Committed to Sustainability” published by Banco Agrícola de El Salvador.
- Lula’s designs are worn by international actors at the red carpet of the Cannes Film Festival,
- Lula receives de Caoba Award in the category of Best Social Entrepreneurship,
- Her collection “Sea Breeze”, made with fish scales, is a finalist in the Spanish-American Design Biennial,
- Her designs are exhibited in Maison & Objet in France and she begins to position herself in Europe,
- She receives the award of the Hola Magazine as “Featured Woman 2018”,
- She participates in TEDTalk- Antiguo Cuscatlán with her conference “Women, Agents of Change”.
- She has her first art exhibition “Lula Mena’s Nests” at the Art Museum of El Salvador which becomes the most visited exhibition in the history of the Museum,
- Lula receives the Darehndorf Award 2019 in England for her contribution to Responsible Capitalism; which is presented by Princess Anne, daughter of Queen Elizabeth,
- Lula launches her first sustainable during the Kaleidoscope Fashion Show,
- She launches her first fashion collection for children, dyed with natural dyes,
- Her company is selected by Forbes Magazine as one of the “30 business promises for 2019”,
- Lula is selected as member of the XV Class of CALI (Central America Leadership Initiative).